Residents of Saskatoon! It is winter, and the temperatures have hit the negatives yet again. But no worries, we all are safe and sound in our cozy heated homes, enjoying the sparkly snow and the hot drinks. The furnaces and fireplaces at our homes save us from the extremely chilly temperatures. Therefore, it becomes crucial that you get your furnaces and fireplaces checked and repaired before winter knocks on your door.
The furnace at your home requires attention and frequent check-ups. Efficiency Heating, Cooling & Fireplaces is one of the best HVAC contractors in Saskatoon. Here are a few things that you should do to prevent heavy furnace repair or replacement expenses in the long term.
- Schedule regular maintenance visits: A complicated machine requires a technician to look after it. Make sure that you call professional help regularly to check the working. This will help you resolve issues, if any, immediately and hence prevent heavy expenses.
- Clean the filters: Dirty or blocked air filters make air circulation difficult and put a lot of pressure on the machine. Keeping the furnace working with clogged air filters damages the limit switch.
- Regularly oil the blower: Your blower pulls the heat and distributes it evenly. To extend your furnace’s lifespan, oil it regularly.
- Pay attention to the sounds: In working mode, furnaces are non-noisy machines. If your furnace starts making unusual sounds like rattling, popping, banging, or other, it is time to call technical help. Noises can mean many different furnace issues that require immediate resolution.
- Pay attention to the heating: A furnace that needs repairs will fail to heat your home evenly or just won’t heat at all. Sometimes if you have a dirty filter or a wrongly set thermostat, your furnace might even turn itself on and off. Such issues, if continued for the long term, will lead to a replacement.
Having a fireplace in Saskatoon not only helps you stay warm but also adds a big spoonful of aesthetics to your winters. Be it a gas fireplace or an electric fireplace, it is a machine that requires maintenance and repairs. Regular maintenance regimes can prevent a great deal of cleaning effort and expense. We will now tell you a few things that you should expect when repairing or maintaining a fireplace.
- Cleaning: You can do basic cleaning of your fireplace yourself. However, to fully eliminate odor or debris, you should get a full cleaning done. This includes deep cleaning of every part of your fireplace – from valves to parts like burner and heat exchangers.
- Check-up: Your technician will examine the fireplace thoroughly and look for faulty parts, blockage, or other issues. Being sure about the problem reduces the effort and the expenses.
- Ensuring maximum efficiency: Maintenance and repairs include replacing faulty parts, fixing broken tools, making necessary upgrades for the season, testing them, and making sure that the system works perfectly. Testing and feedback are crucial to know whether the problems have been fully resolved.
- Aesthetic upgrades: Your fireplace is one visually-pleasing unit in your home, which along with repairs, requires visual upgrades.
Having a fireplace or a furnace is a necessity but also an expensive investment. And maintenance and repairs are the things that help prevent extra mega-expenses in the future.
If you have a fireplace or looking for furnace repair in Saskatoon or nearby areas, Efficiency Heating, Cooling & Fireplaces has your back. We have been providing complete assistance from regular maintenance to diagnosis, cleaning, repairs, and upgrades since 1985. Our expert technicians’ team guarantees you the best service for all the models from major heater brands.
Contact us right away to join our long list of happy customers!