Your HVAC system operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It won’t last forever at that pace. An air conditioner’s average lifespan is 12 to 15 years, while a furnace’s average lifespan is 20 years. Device replacement is unavoidable if you live in the same house for a long time.
HVAC contractors in Saskatoon will help in maintaining and repairing your system. It’s also one of the most costly home maintenance projects you’ll have to deal with as a homeowner, so you’ll want to put it off as long as possible. Since HVAC repair in Saskatoon isn’t something you can put off for a rainy day, it’s important to have a plan in place until your system completely fails.
Tips For Extending The Life Of Your HVAC Device:
Follow the five tips given below to be sure that your HVAC system stays for long:
- Two tune-ups a year are recommended: HVAC systems aren’t especially high-maintenance, but that doesn’t negate the importance of routine maintenance. Every year, both your air conditioner and furnace should be tested, washed, and tuned up. It’s better to schedule your air conditioner service in the spring and your furnace service in the late summer or early fall because your system will be ready to use the first day you need it, and you’ll have time to address any major issues before switching systems.
- Replace the filter regularly: Though your HVAC Repair Saskatoon can check your filters during your twice-yearly checkups, the homeowner is ultimately responsible for this job. Most homeowners use disposable fiberglass filters that last 30 days or 3-month pleated filters that should be tested regularly. Even if it’s ahead of schedule, they should be replaced if they’re badly dirty.
- Use the “auto” fan mode: Most HVAC systems have two fan settings: “auto” tells the fan to run only when the device is actively heating or cooling, and “on” tells the fan to run all of the time. Some systems have dual-speed fans between heating and cooling cycles, making for a slower, more energy-efficient fan configuration.
- Ensure your condenser is working properly: Your air conditioner’s condenser is located outside your home and is built to withstand the elements. However, hail or windblown debris from extreme storms may cause damage. Examine your condenser for signs of damage now and then, particularly after a big storm.
- Improve the insulation in your home: Your HVAC system will last longer if used less frequently. Insulation is your best friend in the fight to keep your treated air inside your house. Your attic is the most critical place to search for adequate insulation. The amount and form of insulation you’ll need varies by country, so consult the EPA’s insulation environment chart and guidance.
Efficiency Heating, Cooling & Fireplaces is one of the HVAC contractors in Saskatoon and provides HVAC repair Saskatoon services. It is a medium-sized business capable of offering all of the facilities offered by larger firms. It is also small enough to provide professional and honest service to our customers.